Photo of the Month

Town Government

Homer Town Clerk’s Office

Homer Town HallOffice Hours:

Location: Town Hall, 31 North Main St., Homer NY 13077

Phone: 607-749-4581
Fax: 607-749-3364
E-mail: townofhomer@yahoo.com


2014 Indoor Air Quality Report


Services Provided at the Town Hall

Town and County Tax Bill Look-up and Payment

Town and County Tax bills are now available online at TaxGlance. Tax bills may be paid online from January through May.

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses are available for $40. The following documents must be presented at the time of application:

Birth, Death and Marriage Records

The Town Clerk is the custodian of all birth, death and marriage records for the Town of Homer from 1882 until the present.  For information, you may contact the Town Clerk's Office.

Dog Census and Dog Licenses

The Town of Homer is conducting a census of all dogs harbored within the Town and Village of Homer. We would appreciate your help by completing and returning this Dog Census Survey to the Town Clerk.

According to New York State law, all dogs must be licensed in the Town in which they reside. The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for the licensing of all dogs in the Town and the Village of Homer.  Puppies should be licensed around 4 months of age.

In order to license your dog, please stop by the Town Clerk’s Office.  We  need to have a copy of the most recent rabies certificate and proof if the dog has been spayed or neutered in the form of a spay/neuter certificate.  If you are unable to stop by, please call the Office and we can mail you a form to complete and return to us. You will be issued a Town of Homer tag with your dog’s license number and a copy of the license form.

The fees are $10 for spayed/neutered dogs and $18 for unspayed/unneutered dogs. All dog licenses are renewable one year from the month in which they were originally issued.  The Town sends out reminders around the 1st of the month in which your dog license is due.  The fees are the same as for the original license.

Please be a responsible pet owner and license your dog(s)!  Your Town and its residents thank you!         

Fishing, Hunting and Trapping Licenses

Licenses for 2016-2017 season are now available from this office. For more information see the following New York State Department of Conservation web pages:

Handicapped Parking Permits

The completed application should be taken to the Homer Town Clerk's office. Download application.

Site designed and maintained by Sue Scott of The Cortland Connection