Cortland Transit Bus Service
Service on Routes 1-4 is offered every half hour between 6 am and 6 pm Monday through Friday.
Routes 5, 6, and 7 are offered at specific times only.
Route 5: Schedule
McGraw, Cincinnatus, Willet, Marathon
Route 6: Schedule
SUNY Cortland, TC3
Route 7: Schedule
Winter Routes: December 1, 2012 – April 1, 2012 (Route sign on bus will say SPECIAL)
Schedules are also available in printed form at these Cortland businesses:
- Cortland Transit, 21 Squires Street
- Daily Grind, 24 Main Street
- Daily Grind South, 180 Main Street
- Standard bus fare is $1.00 a trip within Cortland County
- The Cornell Commuter route is $2.00 per trip
- Cortland Transit offers half price discounts to seniors (60+ with ID), youth (grades K-12) and those persons with disabilities who have applied for and received a half-price discount card
- Children who are 5 years old and younger can ride free. There is a limit of 3 children per adult.
- Exact fare is required to board the bus, or use a monthly pass or token.
- A monthly pass for unlimited travel on Cortland Transit’s fixed routes (excluding Cornell) is $30.00. A monthly pass for the Cornell route is $45.00.
- Monthly passes can be purchased at these Cortland businesses: Cortland Transit, 21 Squires Street, Daily Grind, 24 Main Street, or Daily Grind South, 180 Main Street
Boarding and Exiting the Bus
- All buses are wheelchair accessible. Riders should wait for other passengers to exit before boarding. The front seats near the driver should be reserved for those persons with disabilities.
- Carry-ons, strollers, walkers and carts are allowed on the bus, as long as they do not block the aisle, and they are secured so that if the bus driver must stop quickly, they will not fly forward.
- No smoking is allowed on the bus or in a bus shelter. Please, no eating or drinking (except for water) on the bus.
- You can alert the driver to stop anywhere along the route by flagging (waving) to the driver. The driver will stop in the nearest safe place.
- Request your stop by telling the driver, or pulling the cord, about a block in advance. Do not cross in front of the bus. Wait until the bus has departed before crossing the street.