Town of Homer Planning Board
Minutes for Wednesday, August 24,2016 at 7:30pm
Board Members (absent *)
Eugene Wright, Chairman Michael McMahon
Bruce Crandall *
Public Attendance: None
Pat Snyder, Attorney
Chairman Wright opened discussion for zoning of solar energy projects. The following is a list of items that were discussed based on the Model Ordinance For Solar Photovoltaic Systems. This was from the Central NY Regional Planning & Development Board. ( Lindsay does a much better job of note taking!)
- Prohibition on “Prime Farmland” (1-4 classifications are Prime Farmland).
- Based on NYS soil group worksheets-Federal web site-there are 1 O classifications.
- Mike McMahon will contact NYS Ag & Markets and also Fesko Farms to find out more·.
- Large Solar Energy System-larger than 200 kw.
- Medium Solar Energy-25kw-200km.
- Ground mounted -decommissioned for Medium and Large Systems.
- A bond should be required and assigned to the town for Medium and Large Systems.
- Building permits are needed for safety and for assessor knowledge.
- Site Plan Review for residential lots.
-Pat Snyder will get someone from soil and water to talk to our group about farmland.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.
Betsy Gray, Substitute Recording Secretary